Monday, November 8, 2010

Olympics....here Olive comes!

Olive has been LOVING her gymnastics class. I am so impressed with our gym and this class. They actually have them learn and practice real skills and not just run around and bounce on things which I have heard about at other gyms (but is also fun). It has been such a blast doing this with her and watching her get better and better! Last week Scott came to document.

It usually starts with a fun obstacle course. Here is Olive on the low beam (they also let them walk on the high beams)

I must say, that is a pretty good back hand spring for a 2 year old!

Arms up, tummy out, touch your toes! Now a forward roll.


On the bars she likes to swing herself.

But she gets pretty brave with some assistance.


The trampoline is definitely Olive's favorite. She prefers to run down the trampoline rather than jumping and likes to crash and fall at the end rather than "stick it" like she is suppose to. Here she is practicing "in and out" jumps with her instructor.



Maybe we have a future gymnast on our hands. What do you think?

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Maren, this looks awesome and something I would like to get Lucy into when she is a little older. Where do you go? I'm impressed with Olive's mad skills!

 
UA-18211205-1