Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Christmas Photo We'll Never Forget

 I wanted to post this before it got too far from Christmas. Taking a Christmas photo this year was quite the feat. We certainly did not give up considering that we tried 4 separate times to get a decent photo and ended up with over 500 photos taken. It seemed nearly impossible to get two kids to look at the camera at the same time, or more problematic to even be in good moods at the same time. It always happened that when one was willing to cooperate, the other was grumpy. I don't know how you parents of more than two kids get such cute photos (Mary, I'm looking at you!) Even when we pulled out all of the bribery things we could think of and threatened every threat. Thusly, we have tons of awesomely bad photos. But we were persistent and (forced) our kids to keep posing. We did get some really cute photos out of all of that and I figured since we all suffered so much that we might as well show them off so that they have some purpose. These are all photos that we considered using for our card.

In case you didn't get our card here is what we decided to go with. We picked it because I felt like it just completely captured the whole experience. This shot is my memory of Christmas photos this year.
 

But here are some of the other contenders:
I don't know why I love this one so much but I do. Maybe it is because Milo looks very sad and Olive looks, well, like Olive. She is definitely becoming a ham for photos, when she isn't doing a weird forced smile or a "you guys are the worst" pout.
Cute Boy!

See what I told you, one horribley miserable and one sweet and cheerful.
 

I loved this one of Olive too. Something about her little pose is just so adorable to me. Maybe it's just because I'm her mom.

This was Scott's favorite and his number one contender. I did like it but convinced him to go with the other one. It's subtle and very anti most Christmas photos, I mean you can barely see Milo.

I just think this one is so sweet. I imagine Olive telling him something funny but that is definitely not what was happening in this photo.


This is the same as the photo we chose except that the kids are actually looking at the camera. I thought it was a pretty hard decision but I like what we chose. What do you think? Is this the cute one where you can see their cute little faces?

Seriously couldn't you just squish Milo up?

I really liked this one too and it was my second choice. I thought that they looked more genuine in this one that the other ppose where they are looking. I think Scott's problem with it was her random hand on the edge. Who knows why she was waving. I kinda like that she is.

Once the two together pose started deteriorating we thought maybe we could do separate photos on the card. Milo looks darn cute but Olive was...let's just say was Over It.

So what do you think? Did we make the right choice with our card? What one would you have picked? Seriously I'm so curious! Stay tuned on Friday for some awesomely bad outtakes!

4 comments:

Sheena said...

I think that my two favorites are the one three up from the bottom and the one that you picked. In the one you picked Olive looks so sassy and Milo looks so neutral to the whole picture taking experience. "Personality" pictures are the best!

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how people do a lot of things with more than one small child. Like sleep. Or exercise. Or shower. My friends with multiple children tell me that the jump from 1 to 2 is hard but from 2 to 3 is easy so your home free my friend!

EMS said...

I absolutely loved your Christmas card. So adorable!

Mary said...

I actually loved the one on the card. I thought it summed up the whole picture experience very succinctly. LOL. And they look cute.

Robyn said...

First of all, I admire anyone who gets cards out period, since I'm lame and have never done them (this year was the first year I felt like I really missed out- so watch out for one next year!)
I also loved the one you chose. I love to see personality in pics. My other favorite is the one where you say "isn't Milo squishy" or something like that. You have one darn cute fam!

 
UA-18211205-1